Tuesday, December 1st is World AIDS Day. This is an important day for us to remember the friends, family, and community members who we have lost to AIDS, and to honor those working to respond to HIV.
Every nine and a half minutes someone in the United States becomes infected with HIV. And a lot of people that have HIV don’t know they are infected. There is help and treatment available – which is why it is so important to know if you have HIV.
To find an HIV testing center near you:
1. Visit www.HIVtest.org, a national listing of HIV testing facilities from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). By simply entering your zip code, you can find a listing of places to get an HIV test.
2. Call the CDC Information Line, at 1-800-CDC-Info (1-800-232-4636). You can call anytime and someone will answer your questions and help you find a free or inexpensive testing center. This is a toll-free call.
Please share this information with your friends and family. Together we can address HIV and AIDS in our communities.
Free Testing Sites in DFW
1. AIDS Arms, Inc.: 219 Sunset #116-A, Dallas 75208; 214-521-5191
2. AIDS Services of North Texas: 616 Fort Worth Dr., Denton 76201; 800-974-2437
3. AIDS Prevention Project - UTSWMC: 400 South Zang, Suite 520, Dallas 75208; 214-944-1050
4. Greater Dallas Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse: 4525 Lemmon Ave. Suite 300, Dallas 75219; 214-522-8600
5. Mosaic Family Services: 4144 N. Central Expressway, Suite 530, Dallas 75204; 214-821-5393